RSS

learning japanese 1! :)

ENGLISH JAPANESE
Greetings
Hello / Good afternoon Konnichiwa
Good Morning Ohayou gozaimasu.
Good Evening Konbanwa
Good Night Oyasuminasai.
How are you? Ogenki desu ka.
Fine, thank you. Genki desu.
How have you been? Ikaga deshita ka.
How are you doing? Ikaga desu ka.
Same as usual Aikawarazu desu.
How about you? Anata wa ikaga?
How about your family? Gokazoku wa ikaga?
How do you do? Hajimemashite
Nice to meet you. Douzo yoroshiku.
Long time no see. Ohisashiburi desu. (Formal)
Hisashiburi!
What's up? Nanika atta?
How's everything? Dou shiteru?
(What is) your name? O-namae wa (nan desu ka)?
See you later. Dewa mata.
See you then. Dewa sono toki ni.
See you later. (less formal) Ja mata.
See you tomorrow. Mata ashita.
See you around. Dewa sonouchi ni.
See you soon. Dewa mata suguni ne.
Good-bye. Sayonara.
I am going to leave. (very formal) Shitsurei shimasu.
I'm back (home). Tadaima.
I'm leaving. Ittekimasu.
Just before eating Itadakimasu.
Just after eating Gochisoosama.
Thank you very much. Doumo arigatou gozaimashita.
Thanks. Doumo.
You are welcome. Dou itashimashite.
Excuse me. Sumimasen.

Shitsurei. (Informal usually used by Men)

Sorry Gomen. (very informal) / Sumimasen / Gomennasai / Shitsurei shimashita. (Formal) / Moushiwake arimasen (Very formal)
Common/Daily Expression
Yes, please. Onegaishimasu.
Yes, it is. Hai, sou desu.
No, it's O.K. Iie, kekkou desu.
Oh. A / Aa
Oh my! Gee! Aree / Oya / Maa
What? E
Whoops! Ara ara!
No kidding! Masaka!
Really! Hee!
I see. Naruhodo
Oh boy! Yare yare
Wow, that's great! Hee, sore wa yokatta ne!
And...? Soshite...
So...? Sorede...
Well, say ... Maa
Usually used to get the listener's attention. Ano, Anou
Let me see ... Eeto
Delicious! Oishii.
Wishes
Happy Birthday O-tanjoubi omedetou gozaimasu. (Formal)
Tanjoubi omedetou.
Happy New Year! Akemashite omedetou.
I wish you will have
a good new year.
Yoi otoshi o omukae kudasai.
Congratulations on your wedding. Go-kekkon omedetou gozaimasu.
kekkon omedetou (Informal)
Congratulations / Best wishes! Omedetou gozaimasu.

Expression for Shopping

How much is this? Kore wa ikura desu ka.
Do you have ~? ~ (ga) arimasu ka.
Please show me ~. ~ o misete kudasai.
Can I look at it? Mite mo ii desu ka.
Where is ~? ~ wa doko ni arimasu ka.
I'll take it. Kore ni shimasu.
I'm just looking. Miteiru dake desu.
Which do you think is better? Dochira ga ii to omoimasu ka.
I prefer ~. ~ no hou ga ii n desu kedo.
What do you think is suitable? Donna no ga ii deshou ka.
I wonder how much this is. Kore ikura kashira.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009 Peace.Love.Harmony All rights reserved.
Free Blogger Templates credit to DeluxeTemplates.net
Wordpress Theme by EZwpthemes